Bridge projects are joint projects between researchers and industry/public organizations with the goal of working with the application of cutting-edge research in society.
Bridge projects run for 1-4 years with a focus of either disseminating knowledge and new technology from universities to companies or disseminating challenges and cases from companies (and industries) to universities.
A bridge project has typically a total budget between DKK 3-15 million.
Benefits of participating in a bridge project
- Access to top experts in computer science.
- Influence on which application areas should be addressed by the researchers
- Firsthand access to the best PhD and master students
- Education opportunity for your employees
- Typically, first-hand negotiation rights over potential IP
- Extensive network and many more benefits.
- We are interested in collaborating with both public and private organizations and other research groups
- The topic of an explore project is required to fall within one of our research areas and support our overall mission
- We can only fund the universities and partners behind DIREC.
- If you would like to collaborate, we expect that you will match our investment either in terms of hours spend on the common project or financially.
- We would like to work across universities and partners in order to initiate projects that span multiple research areas and universities.
You cannot send a proposal to DIREC, but you need to form a proposal in collaboration with one or more of the workstream managers listed on the page.