Bridge project are joined projects between researchers and industry/public organizations with the goal of working with the application in society of cutting-edge research.
Bridge projects run for 1-4 years with a focus of either disseminating knowledge and new technology from universities to companies or disseminating challenges and cases from companies (and industries) to universities.
A bridge project typically has a total budget between 3-15 million DKK.
Benefits of participating in a bridge project
- Access to top experts in computer science.
- Direct influence on the application areas the researchers are addressing.
- Firsthand access to the best PhD and master students.
- Education opportunity for your employees
- Typically, first-hand negotiation rights over potential IP.
- Extensive network and many more benefits.
- We are interested in collaborating with both public and private organizations and other research groups
- The topic of the explore project need to fall within one of our research areas and support our overall mission
- We can only fund the universities and partners behind DIREC.
- If you would like to collaborate, we expect that you will match our investment either in terms of hours spend on the common project or financially.
- We would like to work across universities and partners, hence we found project that spans multiple research areas and multiple universities.
You cannot send a proposal to DIREC, but you form a proposal in collaboration with one or more of the workstream managers listed on the page.
Deadline for the next application round is 1st of May 2021.