DIREC is a unique collaboration across seven universities in Denmark, and the consortium behind DIREC consists of the computer science departments at the Technical University of Denmark, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen Business School, IT University of Copenhagen, University of Southern Denmark, Aarhus University and Aalborg University, which all have world-class research groups. Also participating is the Alexandra Institute, which is one of the Danish government-approved Research and Technology Organisations (GTS), whose mission is to translate new IT research and technology into value in the form of new innovative products and services at Danish companies and the public sector.
DIREC is chaired by a board of directors consisting of:
- Jens Christian Godskesen, Pro-rector, IT University of Copenhagen, Chairman
- Michael Holm, Founder and CEO, Systematic, Vice chairman
- Natasha Friis Saxberg, CEO, Danish ICT Industry Association
- Thomas Asger Hansen, Head of Analytics and Artificial Intelligence, Grundfos
- Rikke Hovgaard Zeberg, Director, Danish Agency for Digitisation
- Mads Nielsen, Head of Department, Department of Computer Science, University of Copenhagen
- Kasper Hallenborg, Head of Department, Maersk Mc-Kinney Møller Institute, University of Southern Denmark
- Kaj Grønbæk, Head of Department, Department of Computer Science, Aarhus University
The following persons have observer status on the board:
- Per B. Brockhoff, Head of Department, DTU Compute
- Helle Zinner Henriksen, Head of Department, Department of Digitization, Copenhagen Business School
- Jesper Kjeldskov, Head of Department, Department of Computer Science, Aalborg University
- Børge Lindberg/Michael Hansen, observers, Innovation Fund Denmark
DIREC’s Board of Directors has appointed Thomas Riisgaard Hansen as Director with effect from 1 January 2021. Thomas holds a PhD in Computer Science from Aarhus University and has been a visiting researcher at UC Berkeley in California. Throughout his career, Thomas Riisgaard Hansen has worked with research and development, both as a researcher and as a business leader. He has been very active in the entrepreneurial environment and is, among other things, one of the founders of the IT company Cetrea, which develops advanced IT solutions for hospitals.
Ole Lehrmann Madsen, acting director of DIREC, ambassador, the Alexandra Institute, tel.: + 45 20 15 44 51, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jens Christian Godskesen, Chairman of the Board of DIREC, Vice-Chancellor, IT University, tel.: +45 51 17 09 15, e-mail: email@example.com.
Børge Lindberg, Innovation Fund Denmark, +45 61 90 50 12, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael Hansen, Innovation Fund Denmark, +45 61 90 50 37, e-mail: email@example.com